Aibo-Freunde
Register Members List Search Frequently Asked Questions Lexikon Robo Toys Go to the Main Page Go to portal

Aibo-Freunde » Roboter in Theorie und Praxis » Pleo » Pleo baby dinosaurs » Hello Guest [Login|Register]
Last Post | First Unread Post Print Page | Recommend to a Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page Pleo baby dinosaurs
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Toymaker

Registration Date: 22.06.2020
Herkunft: UK

Pleo baby dinosaurs Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

If you have had an original Pleo for some time you will know that the skin breaks down, so being an electronic design engineer I wanted to see the amazing mechanism for this awesome robot.

Toymaker has attached this image (reduced version):
Dinosaur.jpg

25.06.2020 09:05 Toymaker is offline Homepage of Toymaker Search for Posts by Toymaker Add Toymaker to your Buddy List
Franziska
Aibo-Papst

images/avatars/avatar-890.jpg

Registration Date: 05.08.2005
Herkunft: Deutschland

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Hello Toymaker,

I know how a old Ugobe Pleo inside is, that is very great to see what all so Pleo has. smile

Best wishes

Franziska

26.06.2020 12:41 Franziska is offline Search for Posts by Franziska Add Franziska to your Buddy List
Chris69
Aibo-Studierter

images/avatars/avatar-991.jpg

Registration Date: 06.03.2013

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

....and the guys from ifixit.com have explained how you can go on... Augenzwinkern

https://www.ifixit.com/Teardown/Pleo+Teardown/597

Unfortunately, they missed to explain how to re-assemble the Pleo! ne ne

BR,
Chris

PS: I do have an Ugobe Pleo, too and I did not find any good way to repair its skin, neither.
(liquid Latex milk did not do the job, it got really sticky after a while unglücklich )

https://hobbii.com/latex-gummimaelk-hvid-250-ml
28.06.2020 23:04 Chris69 is offline Send an Email to Chris69 Search for Posts by Chris69 Add Chris69 to your Buddy List
Toymaker

Registration Date: 22.06.2020
Herkunft: UK

Thread Starter Thread Started by Toymaker

I am fortunate to have 5 Pleo's and when together them can herd where they all call out to each other, it is very cute! Picking up a Pleo by its tail sets off some neat routines - this all can be seen in this video.

https://youtu.be/8CYendzpvGU

29.06.2020 09:43 Toymaker is offline Homepage of Toymaker Search for Posts by Toymaker Add Toymaker to your Buddy List
Franziska
Aibo-Papst

images/avatars/avatar-890.jpg

Registration Date: 05.08.2005
Herkunft: Deutschland

Very great Pleo Family i have only 3 Pleos 2 Ugobe Pleos and a Pleo Reborn. smile

29.06.2020 16:55 Franziska is offline Search for Posts by Franziska Add Franziska to your Buddy List
Siberia401
Aibo-Erwachsener

images/avatars/avatar-981.gif

Registration Date: 28.03.2015
Herkunft: Karlsruhe

By opening Pleo, you are severely damaging its skin and I'm pretty sure there's no way to close it up without leaving severe marks on the skin.
That's why I used so be a huge fan of AIBO, especially in terms of repairing it.

I think I fixed one particular Pleo with a snapped neck wire a few years ago - it was such a hassle smile

Anyways, thanks for supplying us with that great picture, I've never seen a Pleo with all its skin removed, interesting look!
29.06.2020 17:10 Siberia401 is offline Search for Posts by Siberia401 Add Siberia401 to your Buddy List
Tree Structure | Board Structure
Jump to:
Post New Thread Post Reply
Aibo-Freunde » Roboter in Theorie und Praxis » Pleo » Pleo baby dinosaurs

Privacy policy

Forum Software: Burning Board 2.3.6, Developed by WoltLab GmbH